Monday, January 25, 2010

Surprises, Goals, and Rages

Gonna cover this post in reverse order today.

The linkshell I've been in the past few months had been told about 20+ times that I needed Fenrir for my Summoner still. They decided to do a run on Saturday that I wasn't able to join because I didn't get on till they were almost all gathered at the Full Moon Fountain. I told a few people in the shell that I like that if it happened again that I would be livid and that I wouldn't be in the shell for some time. Thankfully they did another run on Sunday and I was the first person asked if I still needed it. We managed to kill Fenrir after what would be considered a mishap with our "strategy." Now I just need to kill him once more for my Evoker's Ring.

Sunday was the second attempt at A Crystalline Prophecy's final battle. It didn't go so well unfortunately. The problem with the first run was the Paladin ran out of MP and didn't have any Refresh drinks. The problem with the second run was that our Red Mage had to keep running into range of the Seed Crystal's attacks to heal/buff the Paladin, and ended up getting killed trying. We didn't set a date for attempt #3 this time, hopefully it's soon. I really want to get the body piece augmented for my Summoner and Drakus needs his back for his Black Mage.

I'm NEVER going to do this again, it was stupid in the first place, and I'm an idiot for wanting to do it. What I'm referring to is trying to unlock the mythic weapon skills, all while remaining on floor 20 of Nyzul Isle. 7040 weapon skill points is what's needed from floor 20, and it took me about 4 freaking months to get that many on Samurai, it'll take even longer than that if I want the weapon skill for any other job. Now that my little rant is over for this part, here is how the morning went. I got on and headed to my favorite area, Cape Terrigan, to do a little more work on merits and wsp. Did one Field of Valor page and took a break to get some food, when I came back I got another Field of Valor page and on the second rabbit I went to use a weapon skill, much to my surprise when I opened the menu, Tachi: Rana was sitting right at the bottom of the list. That poor rabbit hated what happened next; 1048 damage from Tachi: Gekko, 783 damage from Tachi: Rana, and 83 damage from an unresisted Darkness skillchain (total damage was 2614). After that rabbit hit the ground I finished the page, ran straight to Jeuno and finished unlocking Tachi: Rana, now I can just throw the Windslicer to the weapon storing NPC, where I'll probably never touch it again. Now if I could only focus on doing merits...

No comments:

Post a Comment